Thursday, June 12, 2008

Walk and Kick

In the never ending battle between me and the scale, I have enlisted a new ally. At over a month of dieting and a net weight loss of 5 pounds, I knew it was time to call in the reinforcements. Today, I enlisted the help of Leslie Sansone of the Walk Away the Pounds videos.

My first video is called walk and kick. It is a combo of walking and kickboxing and today was my maiden voyage trying it. Know what I learned? I am really out of shape. A video like this one, would have been relatively easy for me before pregnancy. I had achieved a level of fitness that I was pretty proud of after years of inactivity. I continued exercising throughout my pregnancy but then stopped once Josh was born. In seven months of being sedentary, I have lost most of the hard work it took 5 long years to achieve.

While invigorated initially after the workout, I am now exhausted. Right now, a nap is even more appealing then a bowl of ice cream. Is that the point of exercise? Are you supposed to get so tired that you don’t have the energy to get up to grab a slice of cake? If yes, well I have achieved that goal. Leslie said that doing this tape would mean I wouldn’t suffer the 2PM “crash” people experience. She was right, I didn’t crash at 2 but, at a quarter to 4 I find my eyes getting droopy and my head feels heavy.

So now, I am going to walk over to the couch and kick up my legs for a well deserved catnap. Now THAT kind of walking and kicking, is the exercise routine I have perfected in the past seven months. As my feet hit the couch, I swear I heard the scale laughing.

No comments: