Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Seriously?

While in a store, I heard a commercial on the radio about a new teen movie that touts "love at the mall". Apparently, it is about an aspiring songwriter (girl) and aspiring rock star (guy). Their foe? The evil mall owner's daughter. Really? This movie got greenlighted? Granted, I am judging without seeing the movie, but does this sound like a riveting concept that is not to be missed? Then again, who am I to judge? Despite her immense popularity with the young women in America, I find Miley Cyrus to be the most annoying thing on either side of the Mississippi.

What is it with today's teens? Did we ever fall for something this stupid? I have got to review some of the "classics" I watched growing up. Will The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire and Sixteen Candles prove to be as ludicrous to my adult eyes as this "love at the mall" movie? I have to believe I had better taste as a teen. However, the fact that I went to a New Kids on the Block concert back then is what's making me think this trip down memory lane may not end that well.

By the way, in case you are dying to know, Donnie was my favorite -- I was always a sucker for the "bad boys." Besides, Jordan was way prettier than me and that just pissed me off.

No comments: